One of the happiest moments of a woman’s life is childbirth. Holding a baby that is your own, and that has been with you for nine months gives happiness to one like nothing else. However, pregnancy also takes a toll on a woman’s body. Skin pigmentation, acne breakouts, stretch marks, and other displeasing aspects of pregnancy cannot be avoided. While one may be ecstatic about the birth of their child, with the right skin care products during pregnancy, one need not give up on their flawless skin, face or features either.
What are some of the standard skin care products for pregnant women?
- Facial Cleansers, Toners, and Moisturizers: Perhaps the most apparent result of the pregnancy is visible on the face. Although people think there is a natural glow of a pregnant woman, the skin nevertheless undergoes dramatic changes. Therefore, it helps to prep the face during pregnancy and follows a wholesome cleansing, toning, and moisturizing routine during pregnancy.
- Body Lotions: Body lotions help the body maintain elasticity and help the skin remain supple, while also providing a nice delicate fragrance that helps women with pregnancy-related problems such as nausea and morning sickness.
- Essential Oils: Taking a bath with warm water and essential oils can be a complete de-stressor during pregnancy. Such skin care products during pregnancy must be used for good health.
- Oil/Cream for stretch marks: Perhaps one of the most hated, and yet certain symptoms of pregnancy are stretchmarks from the rapidly expanding tummy. While some of us may be blessed with good genes and not get any stretch marks, it helps to err in the side of caution and purchase a good oil or cream for stretch marks and begin its application right after conception to get the smooth flat tummy back after childbirth.
- Unscented products: Pregnancy nausea can be triggered by strong smells. Therefore, many products are unscented or mildly scented not to trigger the ‘mommy tummy’.
- Massage Gels: During pregnancy, water retention in the feet can cause pain, and similarly, carrying an extra person inside is going to cause some soreness. A nice massage session with some gels can help relieve to be moms of pain and distress.
Why improve your skin care routine during pregnancy?
While some people believe that pregnancy automatically does wonders for the face, and the skin, for many women, it also exacerbates or even creates skin problems due to rapid hormonal changes. For instance, the skin may break out, there may be pigmentation or dark spots, the skin may be more sensitive than usual and the skin may also darken. Similarly, the face may look tired and worn out, and dark circles may appear even for women who aren’t usually likely to have them due to the stress that pregnancy causes on the body.
Due to all of these reasons, skin care products during pregnancy helps to have a good skincare regimen in place during pregnancy. Cleansing, toning and moisturizing the face is essential and unscented or mildly scented products may be preferred. Most importantly though, it must be made sure that the product being used is made of safe ingredients and can be used during pregnancy.